Alternative & Complimentary
"Code of Ethics"
Schedule an appointment today! Text or Call: 614-440-4076
|Alternative/Complimentary - Practitioners
CODE OF ETHICS
|Copyright 2010 - Revised 2016 - Enlightening Center /S.L. Jones. All rights reserved. Do Not Copy without Permission
The modalities that are offered here through the Enlightening Center and performed by Sharon L. Jones, or from
those who have been certified through the Enlightening Center are to be considered complimentary therapy; and/or
what some refer to as an Alternative health, or energy healing modalities and therapy. These alternative modalities
are intended to and should be used along with (not replace) the "traditional" medical professional world.
Natural Medicine - Alternative Health - Complimentary - Modalities & Therapy
Code of Ethics -- Are as follows:
- Always explain what each modality/therapy is and how it works to your “New” clients.
- It is illegal (in all states) to diagnose any illness or disease and/or to prescribe or advise someone to take or stop taking
any medically prescribed medicines.
- Never suggest, advise, etc. that your client should stop seeing their traditional medical doctors. And do not claim that
you can “Cure” someone. Leave that to the licensed traditional medical profession. As within the alternative health
arena, we know and understand it is our client themselves who have the ability to heal and or cure themselves, we are
just a vessel to assist.
- You are allowed though, to recommend, based on your client’s “self diagnosis” that they seek traditional medical
assistance from a traditional licensed medical professional.
- We by law - follow the H.I.P.A. Privacy laws that are in place and never share client information unless you have a signed
statement that you are able to do so.
- Always respect other alternative/complimentary practitioners, regardless of their linage or teachings.
- Alternative/complimentary practitioners, should never ask anyone to remove his or her clothing. Unless it is in the
guidelines of their profession i.e. Massage therapist, Colan cleansing therapist, etc., and it is legally approved or
understood within your state.
- Never touch or speak to your clients inappropriately
- Always respect the each alternative modalities "Principals" and practice each modality with honor
- Always use your best judgment as to when and where you will perform an alternative health session.
- Never touch a client unless you have gotten permission first
- Never touch a client unless you have gotten permission first as most energy healing modalities, do not require physical
- Never send healing/energy without a person knowing that you are sending it to them. (Pertaining to distance healing)
We believe all have free will and it would be unethical for a practitioner to send energy to another without their consent,
even if you, the practitioner believes that they need it. Again do not control! If you feel they would benefit from it, then
just explain what you would like to send them and ask them if you could offer energy healing. Always ask! Exception -
The Universe does approve and will assist during catastrophes, major alarming events, such as bombings, shootings,
etc. sending out immediate healings is accepted, if need be without permission. This would also include if your client
asked you to send healing to maybe a child or parent, whom cannot speak for themselves and/or contact you. Prayers
and well-wishes of any kind are always welcome as long as unconditional love directs those energies. But yes common
courtesy-wise, for the most part, it is always best to ask...
- Most importantly -- Always work in gratitude, love and say thank you
Exception: There is a two-fold rule when it comes to sending energy or healing without permission. . Let me explain, if you
hear of tragedy, through a friend, the news, etc., like a natural disaster victims, or a friend tells you their aunt has cancer and
asks you to send healing. By all means do so, when this kind of healing is needed, you can send it distantly, but it must always
be accompanied with prayer and blessings to be sent as well. Always say thank you! To your client, to the universe, to the
earth , to your guides and to yourself for assisting...
Note: If you are choosing to become an alternative/complimentary practitioner and are making it your profession, we also
throughout the United States, becoming ordained "may" offer you and/or your practice a safety umbrella, qualifying certain
rights under the 1st amendment of the United States Constitution. Hopefully here in the near future, Alternative
/Complimentary medicine will be widely accepted with in the United States and we will not need an umbrella to shelter our